<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://acreativebliss.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Creative Bliss: Web Wednesday! All about the face(-:

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Web Wednesday! All about the face(-:

I am always willing to try something new.  I have found many things online that I bookmark, pin or download.  I have so many I have not tried as of yet that I have decided to create a series called Web Wednesday.  I will try things, all sorts of things, anything from beauty to cleaning to recipes.  For my debut post I am writing about, well my face.  There are tons of diy beauty treatments on the web.  I decided to try a diy exfoliating scrub, a steam and a scar, dark spot and black head remover.  I have had trouble with my face breaking out since I was a teenager and blackheads are just the worst.  I am a Jersey girl and spent my summers on the beach when I was younger.  Back then I wasn't so concerned with wrinkles, dark spots or the overall toll the sun can take on us.  Well I am 40 now and have some acne scarring and dark spots.  I am being brave and showing a picture of my bare face **yikes**:


This is the left side of my face.



 Okay here we go this is what I did and my results:


I have heard since I was little the wonders of baking soda for all sorts of things.  I came across this diy microdermabrasion recipe and wanted to try it.  I made the paste of baking soda and water and massaged it onto my face.   I found this blog Shwin & Shwin and they had an awesome Aromatherapy facial steam tutorial and I had pinned it a while back.  While I was massaging my face with the paste, I had 4 cups of distilled water coming to a boil with a 1/4 cup of dried lavender as they say to do in the steam recipe.  After it came to a boil I poured it into a heat proof bowl and added 3 drops of lavender essential oil. 












 I set my timer for 10 minutes, had a seat at my table, made a tent with a towel and allowed my face to steam with the paste still on my face.  It smelled so amazing!  I felt stress free that is for sure;)  When the timer went off I rinsed my face and it felt like my face was wonderfully exfoliated and my pores were open and ready for some intense treatment.


I read this blog post about a acne scars be gone face mask and after reading I was definitely going to give it a try!  It has cinnamon, nutmeg, honey and lemon juice and she includes what the different things each does for your skin.  I only had bottled lemon juice so I used that.






My 8 year old informed me I looked like I had poo on my face...lol




Abby from My Yellowsand Box looks great even with the mask on!!  Me not so much!  LOL!





Um yeah...the disguise didn't help much:/




It burns for the first few minutes but after that its feel great!  I left this on for 30 minutes.  





I then rinsed with warm water and moisturized.  My face looks and feels amazing!  My pores don't feel so huge and don't look so huge either:)  Now my spots or scars aren't gone, but most of my black heads are!  I have none on my nose or chin!  And my skin feels so smooth  and fresh.  I will be doing this once a week and I will update with any changes and add pics of my results.  So this Web Wednesday try out is a keeper!  Thanks for reading and please let me know if you tried this or have any other great face clearing tips.  ~Angi

Linking here:














Chic on a Shoestring Decorating






http://www.findingfabulousblog.com/




Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop






Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At June 20, 2012 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Kelly ~ Our Everyday Harvest said...

Great ideas for the face! I have used honey and lemon juice, but I never thought of using cinnamon and nutmeg. Thanks for the tip!

 
At June 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM , Blogger The Sexy Single Mommy said...

I really needed this. I was just going to make an appointment to have a facial. I think I will be trying this instead.
http://thesexysinglemommy.blogspot.com/

 
At June 20, 2012 at 10:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! I never would have thought of it either:) I love the way it worked though!

 
At June 20, 2012 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the comment! If you try it please come back and leave a comment on how you liked it:)

 
At June 21, 2012 at 1:59 PM , Blogger A GAL NEEDS... said...

Looks wonderful! I just may have to try this, as I've seen it now on your post AND saw it on My Yellow Sandbox a few days ago. It's good that you also did it because it is a gentle reminder that I do need to do this! BTW, you look just as good as Abby in that mask!

 
At June 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Nina Kunni said...

Liking you on facebook. Thanks for linking up.

 
At June 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you!

 
At June 21, 2012 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! Thank you! I love the blog My Yellow Sandbox! Lots of things there! I was going through my "stored" ideas I want to try and was like I have got to start doing some of these things:)

 
At June 22, 2012 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Jenny Bardsley said...

Hi! New follower from the weekend blog hop. I have never tried these home "concoctions" but you have definitely peaked my interest :)
www.cassandrazcorner.blogspot.com

 
At June 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for commenting! If you give it try let me know how you liked it:) ~Angi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home