<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://acreativebliss.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Creative Bliss: Old to New Again.....table redo

Friday, May 4, 2012

Old to New Again.....table redo

We bought this great table and chairs in 2004 when we moved into our first home in Florida.  The home had a wonderful sunny kitchen nook that it fit in so perfectly. The table and chairs survived 5 years of eating and playing without too much wear and tear.  Just some scratches and a couple nicks. 



This is a pic before I stripped it.  That is my little guy eyeing up some cake:)


This is after I stripped the table top down to bare wood.  My house now has darker woods and more of a country feel and I wanted to keep this table and decided to refinish it instead of buying another one.


The legs were already an off white.  I just went over them in the same color I was doing the chairs so they would match and then distressed them.


The seat covers were originally white....yeah not so good for  a family with children...LOL  I redid the covers with some cute fabric with stars on it back in 2007.  I ripped out the horrible very light cream colored carpet that was very worn and had stains that just kept coming back, even after being cleaned.  The tile has also been removed.



This is after it was stained a couple of times so I could get the deepness of the color I wanted.







This is the finished product!  I distressed the chairs and table legs.  I let my husband pic out the fabric for the chair seats.  He chose a leather like material so it would be easy to clean if something spills.  He has a poker table top and wants to have the guys over for card night so the material choice will be perfect;)  This room has been completely re-done and I have also refinished a hutch to match the table and chairs.  I will do a post on that soon.  I love how it has turned out.  What do you think?  



Thanks for for reading!  ~Angi


I was featured on:












Amazing blogs I have linked to:









Remodelaholic



The Shabby NestI'm Lovin' It at TidyMom http://www.findingfabulousblog.com/

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating


























PhotobucketPhotobucket
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Lovely Crafty HomeTip Junkie handmade projects

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At May 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Amy said...

I love this! You did a great job! Love that color combo.

 
At May 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM , Blogger SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Great transformation! Looks amazing :)
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

 
At May 5, 2012 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Miss Kitty said...

Hi Angi! Love your "new" table and chairs! I am getting ready to paint a furniture piece distressed white so your blog post is good inspiration for me. I saw your post over at "Tatertots and Jello" .

 
At May 6, 2012 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! It is amazing how a little paint and stain can transform a piece of furniture:)

 
At May 7, 2012 at 7:01 AM , Blogger Ruth said...

Love how your table turned out. The dark top with light legs is a great combo. The new seat covers will be nice and easy to care for.
Ruth

 
At May 8, 2012 at 11:45 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

Great job. It doesn't even look like the same table. So happy to have found your blog. If you are looking for some easy fun recipes come check me out at www.questfordelish.blogspot.com. I am now your newest follower.

 
At May 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Comeca Jones said...

It looks great! I love the legs on the table so chunky!

 
At May 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much!! I am always looking for new recipes:)

 
At May 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! I thought the legs looked so different after I stained the top darker. It really made them stand out.

 
At May 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Becca Ross said...

I love the way this turned out. Just the other day, I was thinking that I'm so happy we refinished our table, rather than purchasing a new one.

Thanks for linking to the Home and Family Friday linky party. I'm planning to feature it at this week's party. I hope you'll stop by and grab my button.

Becca
becca-homeishweremystorybegins.blogspot.com

 
At May 16, 2012 at 8:03 PM , Blogger Printabelle said...

Very nice! I'd love for you to add it on my link party at: http://printabelle.com/?p=3717 Thanks!

 
At May 20, 2012 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much! I so appreciate that:)

 
At May 24, 2012 at 1:33 AM , Blogger Printabelle said...

Thanks for linking! I have a very similar table I got at the local thrift store and painted white. Love how yours turned out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home