<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://acreativebliss.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Creative Bliss: My first time....

Saturday, September 10, 2011

My first time....

using an edible image on a cake!  I was so nervous, not knowing how it would work, or how the sheet comes off the backing...stressful!  LOL!  It was actually very easy!  I was so surprised.  My friends daughter was turning 2 and she wanted a cake with a picture of the Clubhouse Disney characters.  I don't have an edible image printer but I have only heard great things about a company called Edible Images.  I gave my friend the link and she ordered the image she she uploaded from her computer.  She said they were friendly and replied to her emails and also let her know when it was shipped.  The image came in 3 days!  It was vibrant in color and looked just great.  It came with directions on how to use for a cake, cupcakes or cookies.  I needed to make sure the icing was smooth and a little moist (not crusted) so that when you lay the image on the cake it will meld into the cake.  The image wasn't as fragile as I thought it would be it was easy to work with.  I was afraid it would be crisp like and chip but it wasn't at all.  Well I won't keep you in suspense any longer.....here it is:

Isn't it just amazing what can be done in the world of cake decorating these days?  I am definitely going to order some to do a tutorial to show just how amazingly easy the images are to use.  My girlfriend and the party goers all loved it and you couldn't even taste a difference.  There was texture change a little like fondant or modeling chocolate but it didn't affect the taste.  Thank you for reading:)

  

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 11, 2011 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Brave Brooke said...

Awesome! That looks fantastic!

 
At September 17, 2011 at 4:36 AM , Blogger Annemarie's Haakblog said...

Hi! I wanted to let you know that my blog has moved to a new URL. Now that you are a follower of my old blog, perhaps you would like to follow my new one as well? There’s also a link party going on every Saturday. I would love it if you’d hop over and add something. Have a lovely day! Annemarie

 
At September 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sure thing:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home