<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://acreativebliss.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Creative Bliss: Hutch makeover........

Friday, May 25, 2012

Hutch makeover........

I have wanted a hutch for my dining room for a while.  I have a hutch but it doesn't have any cabinet doors or drawers (you know to hide stuff;).  Okay so it does have tiny drawers, but they are very thin.

  This past fall when my mother in law was packing up to move back to NJ she was giving a lot of stuff away.  When she told me she wanted to get rid of her hutch I didn't want it to just go to anyone.  My in-laws have had this since they were married probably about 42 years.  It has memories for my husband and his family.  That is part of what makes this one of my favorite furniture make overs I have ever done.  Not only because of that, but also how fantastic I think it turned out!  The following pictures are the only ones I could find with the hutch in them:


These are from January 1997.  This is my brother in law Andy on the left and my oldest son was 7 at the time, he is now 22 and my father in law who passed away in April 2011.   



My son was so super excited to get roller blades!  This is my mother in law on the right.  The doors on the hutch I had never really payed much attention to until I started redoing it and took them off and then a bulb went off!  It looks like the right and left sides may have been backwards.  The straight part is on top and the curved on the bottom, but in the middle the curve was on top.  So I flipped them:)   It is in two pieces so that made the whole process a lot easier.  I primed and then painted in a antique white.  I then distressed it and stained the top.  I changed the hardware, but also decided to keep the decorative backing on the top doors.  I painted them black to match all the other hardware. We had horrible very light carpet that I ripped out.  I decided to do all the painting and staining in the whole room makeover before having the new floor installed.





I was thinking of maybe adding curtains to the inside of the doors but I just haven't decided yet. 


This is the decorative backing that was on the original.  I spray painted it to match the new hardware and it looks like they have always been together.



I am so happy I decided to stain the top and not paint it:)




 It matches my table redo so it looks like a set.
  




Thanks for reading!  How do you like how it turned out?   ~Angi


Fabulous blogs I am linking to:

http://tidymom.net/

http://amysfinerthings.com/






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special










Photobucket

Photobucket




Simply Sweet Home Friday Favorite



Truly Lovely


A Little Knick Knack






































The Shabby Nest



Chic on a Shoestring Decorating





8 Comments:

At May 26, 2012 at 12:39 PM , Blogger I Play Outside The Box said...

Beautiful makeover!!! Found you over at Gail's MRL!!

 
At May 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your makeover, beautiful job. Now following, would love for you to visit and follow me too :)

Tanya

 
At May 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM , Blogger gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Angi, I love your hutch makeover! the two toned look is my favorite right now. It looks great with your dining set.
gail

 
At May 30, 2012 at 8:12 AM , Blogger ibshell said...

I love it! Sincerely. It would match my kitchen cabinets that I totally LOVE. Thank you for sharing! ;)

 
At May 31, 2012 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much! I had a picture in my mind of how I wanted it to look and was so worried it would come out the way I imagined.

 
At May 31, 2012 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you!! I would so love to have my kitchen cabinets done like that! That must really look awesome:)

 
At June 1, 2012 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Stopping by to let you know that I featured this post on my blog today. :) Stop by to grab a button, if you want!

 
At June 25, 2012 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm seriously drooling over here! LOOVE that hutch! And I gotta say normally I don't like sets but I'm really digging the way the hutch and dining table look together! Fabulous job!
Barbara @ Chase the Star

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home