<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://acreativebliss.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Creative Bliss: Laundry room rack

Friday, September 2, 2011

Laundry room rack

I saw this laundry room drying rack on Centsational Girl's blog and got so excited to make one for myself.  I would usually just hang delicate items over the towel rack in one of the bathrooms or over hangers....some lil things would be difficult and my husband didn't like the look of undergarments all over the master bath...LOL!  So I decided to try to make my own.  Now the only "building" experience I have is from wood shop in middle school.  I am happy it was a mandatory class that all students had to take 6-7-8th grades...now that is, back then not so much.  This is what I came up with:

Before I hung them in the laundry room






And after:



I use it all the time and just love it.  I used a piece of bead board from the scrap pile at HD and bought some dowels and some thin wood and trim.  The knobs I had from our kitchen knobs I had replaced.  I am happy with it:)  What do you think?  Did I does it look alright for my first building project?


The fabulous blogs I am linking to:
Tip 
Junkie handmade projects





















Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

The Shabby Nest





















Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Labels:

13 Comments:

At September 2, 2011 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Karie @ The HoB said...

Angi - I think it looks amazing!! Great job and you gave me a wonderful idea!! Thank you!
Karie

 
At September 2, 2011 at 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe this is your first building project...it looks like a pro did it! Great job! I would love one of these!

 
At September 2, 2011 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Leah Beamon said...

awesome idea! I actually have a couple delicate 'no dryer' shirts hanging from my husband's old Foosball table right now...lol!

 
At September 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM , Blogger L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

The drying rack looks so pretty! You did a fabulous job.

 
At September 2, 2011 at 4:20 PM , Blogger Anke said...

It looks fantastic! What a great idea to make one of those. I'll have to file that away and see if I'm able to make one myself.

 
At September 2, 2011 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments! It is really nice for all of you to take time and comment on my project:)

 
At September 3, 2011 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Kim@todayismysome-day said...

Great job! I need to get one of these built too. My undergarments :) hang all over the bathroom and sunroom to dry :) Saw you over at Simply Designing.

 
At September 3, 2011 at 5:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! I might have to try this myself.

 
At September 3, 2011 at 5:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the comments:) It was surprisingly so easy to make.

 
At September 5, 2011 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Great idea!! Looks awesome! I wondered if Lowe's or Home Depot had scrap piles (we only have Lowes here, though). I will definitely have to check that out and make one!

 
At September 6, 2011 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! I would think Lowes would also have a scrap pile...not sure though. I love checking it out though never know what you will find. When I had originally found the bead board I had no idea what I was going to use it for but for .50 cents I couldn't pass it up...LOL

 
At September 6, 2011 at 10:38 PM , Blogger gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Great job! I made one a couple of years ago out of an old crib. :)
I love how yours turned out.
gail

 
At September 8, 2011 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! An old crib...that is clever!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home