<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://acreativebliss.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Creative Bliss: Trash to treasure

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Trash to treasure

I was driving with my husband to my in-laws house and along side the road I spotted this entertainment stand.  I was like "honey stop I gotta check this out", he of course was like "no way!".  So we got to my in-laws house and of course I mentioned the treasure along side the road and her and my father in law were like lets check it out.  LOL!  Well we ended up bringing it home:)  My honey was even surprised at how good of condition it was in.   



Sorry for all the Christmas decor on it.  I got this treasure and took pics before my bloggy days:)  So yes, this was in the trash on the side of the road!  Not a thing really wrong with it.  I just did some touch ups with one of those stain markers and washed it up and moved it into my den.  Well I knew I wanted to do something to give it a new look, but wasn't sure what.  So it stayed like this for two years and then we moved into our new house and then I decided what I wanted to do.  Here is the after picture:


I sanded and painted it a country white.  Then I sanded some more to give it a distressed look and wiped it with a dark walnut stain.  I didn't really want to keep the glass in the front so I spray painted it black and stapled it to the front.  The iron like star knobs I got for .99 cents each a a little store called Cape May Wicker in NJ.  I love that place!  I live in Florida now so I don't get to go but maybe once a year.  So what do you think of it?  I love it!  Its a new look for now:)

The AWESOME blogs I am linking to:
HouseofHepworths
Domestically Speaking
 The DIY Show Off
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialPhotobucketMaking Monday Marvelous Linky Party

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up party!
BWS tips button
UndertheTableandDreaming
Tip Junkie handmade projects
http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/

Labels:

22 Comments:

At August 27, 2011 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Laura said...

What a great transformation!

 
At August 27, 2011 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

This looks great. Love the new look! What a great way to use chicken wire! Lovely. I am your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime soon!

 
At August 27, 2011 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! When I mentioned to one of my friends what I planned on doing she looked at like I had 5 heads when I mentioned chicken wire...LOL!

 
At August 28, 2011 at 12:13 AM , Blogger kristin said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this!!!! It looks gorgeous now, i especially love those knobs!!

 
At August 28, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Kim@todayismysome-day said...

What a great find! I swear one day I am gonna find a decent curb side cast off! Came over from Nifty Thrifty's party.

 
At August 28, 2011 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Kim@todayismysome-day said...

oh, and I'm a new follwer :)

 
At August 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks!! Those knobs were a steal! I so wish I would have bought more @ .99 cents each:) People are surprised when I tell them I found it along the side of the road:)

 
At August 28, 2011 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

Wow the star handles really give it a unique and awesome look!

Please feel free to link up your re purposed entertainment center to my new Make Yourself Blog Hop!

-Jamie
For Love of Cupcakes

 
At August 28, 2011 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks great, love a bit of white paint!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

Thank you so much for joining the Make Yourself Monday Blog Hop! :o)

-Jamie

 
At August 29, 2011 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for all your comments!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

Love the lighter color. Looks much more elegant. If you get a chance I would love you to link your trash-to-treasure up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

 
At August 30, 2011 at 8:19 PM , Blogger jreistle said...

Wow, going to hit Cape May Wicker tomorrow!!! Weird that I found your blog spot tonight and saw your star knobs. Jean from South Jersey

 
At August 30, 2011 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

@Jamie thank you! I will be sure to stop by:)

@Jean Wow! What part are you from? I lived in Cape May County. I bought the knobs about 9 years ago...if they have them I wanna know! LOL! Thanks for the comments:)

 
At August 31, 2011 at 1:18 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Love painted furniture! Great job.

 
At August 31, 2011 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

I never luck in to stuff like that. What a great find! Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday.

 
At August 31, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Etcetorize said...

It turned out great! I love those knobs~

 
At August 31, 2011 at 10:43 AM , Blogger Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Love it in the lighter color, and those are fantastic knobs. Visiting from Show and Tell Wednesday.
~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva 

 
At August 31, 2011 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

It looks great in white! And those star knobs are awesome! I need to find some. So glad you shared this at Power of Paint!

 
At August 31, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

Wonderful makeover! Super cute knobs!

 
At August 31, 2011 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the comments! I love reading them:)

 
At September 1, 2011 at 10:07 PM , Blogger Meaghan McDowell said...

It looks great! I've been trying to find something like that to use as a TV stand in my living room! I am currently your newest follower! Yay!

:)

Meaghan @ thismessybusiness.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home