<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://acreativebliss.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Creative Bliss: $2.99 lamp makeover

Sunday, January 30, 2011

$2.99 lamp makeover

I was looking for a lamp for my vanity in my bedroom for a while.  I was in the thrift store and found this lamp and shade:

I took it a part and removed the wire and then realized I hadn't taken any pics.....so I put it back together:)  The wiring seemed old so I bought a new wiring kit for about 3-4 bucks.  the shade was quite ugly so I ripped off all the old fabric and was left with this shade form:
I cleaned the lamp and repainted the pieced in between each crystal piece.  the re-wired it with the kit I bought.  Now to decide what to do with the shade.  That was the hard part!  I just couldn't decide, so I tried ribbon and wrapped it all around and didn't like it.  I thought maybe paper, but no.  I eventually decided to use some muslin fabric and wrap and fold it around the shade and added some rosettes I made from the muslin and voila......here it is:



Not bad for $2.99 plus the $3-4 bucks for the wire for both a lamp and shade.  I really love it:)





Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 31, 2011 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Jonica said...

Your lamp looks really cute. Where did you get the wiring kit from?

 
At February 1, 2011 at 12:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I bought it at Walmart. I totally should have bought it at one of the craft stores and used a 40% off coupon:)

 
At February 3, 2011 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really sweet! Nice to "meet" you and thanks for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

 
At February 4, 2011 at 5:52 PM , Blogger Christine said...

Hey Angi!
Great job on this lab re-do, love the flowers:)
Christine
greatoakcircle.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home