<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://acreativebliss.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Creative Bliss: Thrift table redo......part 2

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thrift table redo......part 2

I am happy to post that the table is complete!  I just totally love it!  If you missed my other post you can read about it here.

Well all the stripping, sanding, staining and painting has paid off!  My table is all finished and here it is:
 I distressed the trestle , did I mention I love it!
 The table top was the most difficult.  I worked really hard to get a nice smooth finish.  It had some scratches and I kinda love how it looks so rustic with them.  The top is soooo smooth!  I was worried since I had never done a project quite like this that it would be sticky or lumpy...lol  but I learned a lot from the web and especially Remodelaholic.  LOVE LOVE LOVE that site!!




I am definitely not a pro and had some reading and learning to do but I really like how it turned out.  Now I need to start the chairs!  Here is a picture of them:

I want to redo them to match my table.  I was going to do the seats in the walnut and paint all the white black, but I think I am going to do the whole chair in the black and distress them.  Never know I may change my mind!  LOL!  Stay tuned for part 3...the completed dining set:)  Thanks for reading!!

I linked to:

Domestically Speaking

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 27, 2011 at 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous! I love the color you picked out, so rich and dark. :-)

 
At February 11, 2011 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Jena @ Involving Color and Home said...

Angi, LOVE your table redo. Looks great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home