<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://acreativebliss.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Creative Bliss: Lego-Star Wars birthday for my son

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lego-Star Wars birthday for my son

My sons birthday was last weekend and all he had been talking about is wanting a Lego-Star Wars birthday.  Not Lego Star Wars, but Lego and Star Wars.  After searching the many wonderful blogs out there and my faithful friend Google; I was able to come up with some ideas.  I first made his invitation:


And then it was all the fun of getting ready...lol
My wonderful friend Erin helped me so much I don't know what I would have done with out her:)

We made Light Sabers:






12 of them!  LOL!  I got pool noodles and cut them in half, and bought silver duct tape for the ends.  The boys & girls LOVED them!  I got that idea from here.

Then we worked on the goody bags.  I bought blue bags for about a $1.00 and then with some remaining bags we cut holes out with a circle cutter and made the bags look like Lego blocks:


A little hard to see, we made 12 of these filled them with candy, folded over the bag and secured it with a Star Wars sticker.  I got the idea for this from here, many great ideas on that sitee.

We made Jedi training task cards:




each time they completed a task they got a sticker.  There are so many different ideas for these out there on the web.  I printed it out and trimmed the paper to fit in the name badge, added a sticker and attached ribbon.

We made Anakin's mechanical hands using food gloves, popcorn and put an ice cream cone and tied itThe kiddies loved it.
The most time consuming (besides the cake:) were the Lego brick cupcake toppers.  They were made from fondant, and we made each brick, one for each of the 24 cupcakes..

I made some decorations.  The background for the display table was two black table cloths from Walmart and I bought some silver star stickers and Erin put the stars all over the table cloth.....phew!

Notice the wrinkles?  Yeah well I set up had a great party and then realized I **gasp** didn't take pictures!!  So what was I gonna do you ask?  I took the decoration and redecorated of course!  LOL!  I had the table set up on my lanai and my neighbors must have thought I was nuts;)  LOL!  I got pictures though;)  I made little signs stating what each food & drink item was:

 Princess punch is basically fruit punch and lemon lime soda.  The kids loved it!
I made Yoda soda with green juice and lemon lime soda.  This was a big hit.
 The Galactic pizza was just Bagel Bites.  Calling it that made it so much more fun, don't ya think?

Wookie cookies were chocolate chip cookies.  There were also Chewbacca cheese puffs.  And until this party I really didn't know anything about Star Wars and found out a Wookie and Chewbacca are the same.  LOL!  Learn something new everyday;-)

I made Lego bricks from foam bricks I had.  I spay painted them black and "smooshed" checkers in the top to look like Lego's.  I saw that here.

For games we played Star Wars bingo that I printed off the internet.

 Then they had to go over hot lava without falling in.  (a red table cloth I secured to the ground and pieces of card board held down with spray adhesive.  
That is my son in the going over the lava and in the background is Erin holding her baby girl:)

Then they had disc flying:
I totally wanted to hang the hula hoop from a tree but didn't have a good hula hoop hanging tree:)

We then had light saber training.  they had to see how long they could keep a balloon up in the air.
We moved indoors because there was a little bit of wind.

Then there was Jedi Academy Graduation.  I made up a little certificate and printed it out added their names to them and they were "official" Jedi knights:

Then there was cake.  My son wanted R2D2 so that is what he got.  I made the cake more as a centerpiece because I just figured it would be easier to give each little one a cupcake:)



And he LOVED it!!!!

There are so many ideas out there and so many other things I would have loved to do.  If you are looking for Star Wars party ideas check out Tip Junkie.  She is AMAZING!!  Her site is AMAZING!!  I just get into her site and boom its been an hour...lol  She really has all sorts of great ideas on just about everything:)  Thanks for looking:)

Linked at:

&lt;a border="0" href="http://kimskandykreations.blogspot.com" target="_blank">&lt;img src="http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad259/kimskandykreations/KimsKandyKreationsSS2.jpg"/>&lt;/a>

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 27, 2011 at 5:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Yoda Soda is my favorite part, I'm still smiling over that one!

 
At July 16, 2011 at 11:43 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

hehe this is all so cute!!! looks like it was a blast!:)
http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

 
At July 19, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! It was so much fun....exhausting but fun:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home