<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://acreativebliss.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Creative Bliss: My thrift table redo....Part one

Sunday, January 23, 2011

My thrift table redo....Part one

I was at Goodwill and saw this table and I fell in love!  I know its an ugly duckling:)  I just knew it had potential and I have been wanting a larger table for family dinners and such.  

YES!  $24.99!  I was sold:)



I already have two tables!  They aren't quite what our family needed though.

 This one has the four legs.  So if you try to sit more than for people someone gets a table leg at there knees.  Not comfortable.
 The chairs were comfy though.  I know this every time she came over:)  She also said since I was getting another table she would have no problem switching tables with me.  Mmmm  score!!  She had a white and light oak table with the white tiles in the top of the table, which she despised.  LOL!  But it came with the windsor like chairs...which I wanted.  So we switched and I am going to recover the seats for her to match her decor (this will be the third time I have done this).
This is the table I had in my dining room.  I love it but it just is too small to have dinner at.  We have since put a pool table (ahhh men!) in the dining room and this is just spare now.  I have put it in my kitchen because its convenient to work on cakes and I don't have an island, yet.

I so lovvveeee Remodelaholic.com it is my absolute favorite site for ideas on redoing stuff in your home.  While browsing through all the wonder projects on the site I found this table redo and knew that was what I wanted to do, but I want to distress the trestle part some.

So I stripped:





and started staining.  I chose a walnut stain because it reminded me of the table we ate at growing up <3.  This is the first coat.  I am going to do two and then a couple coats of poly.  I so love this table!  Stay tuned for the 2nd part of this wonderful table redo:)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home